Cases of Slipway Winch
As a professional and reliable winch manufacturer, Aicrane provides many slipway winches for our customers all over the world. There are two previous cases of suitable slipway winches we offered to our customers in Indonesia and Nigeria.
60 Ton Boat Slipway Winch In Indonesia
A 60-ton AQ-JMM friction slipway winch has been securely installed along the shore of Indonesia. Our customer owned a ship factory. This specialized AQ-JMM friction winch for Indonesia serves as a crucial tool in their factory for hauling boats onto the shore for maintenance or launching a new boat into the water.
Our boat slipway winch lifting solution, combined with the use of a pulley system, enables the pulling of ships up to a maximum of 6000 tons.The client expressed their satisfaction with the winch’s performance, and following a successful trial run, the machine is poised for full-fledged operation.
Typically, there exist two primary approaches for maneuvering your boat ashore. Employing airbags for boat transportation stands out as a progressive and secure technique, notable for its advanced technology and enhanced safety measures. Alternatively, one can opt for the rail trolley method to transport their boat. In this particular instance, the customer has chosen the airbag method as their preferred approach for moving their vessel.
30 Ton Boat Slipway Winches Installed In Nigeria
Aicrane recently exported two 30-ton AQ-JM boat slipway winches to Nigeria. This case serves as a compelling demonstration of how a small-tonnage winch can effectively pull a large-tonnage ship. The AQ-JM series boat slipway winches, known for its singular drum design, emerged as the cost-effective panacea for executing this intricate ballet on the slipway.
Production Process Of 30 Ton Boat Slipway Winches
Aicrane has own factory, and we have sent many production pictures and videos for the Nigerian customer. For a vessel weighing 250 tons with a slope of 7.2°, and utilizing a single movable pulley and a fixed pulley with a 3-fold rate structure. Our factory needs to provide a fixed pulley arrangement plan, on-site installation method, and specific location dimensions. The delivery time of the 30 ton slipway winches is 35 working days. After production, these finished winches are packed in water-proof plastic film, and the electric devices adopt wooden boxes to pack.
Positive Feedback Of The Nigerian Customer
During the installation, our sales manager, project consultant and technician have visited the customer in Nigeria to guide the customer in the installation. After installation and debugging of the 30 ton winch, the customer said that he was satisfied with the slipway winch and Aicrane service.
Two Main Boat Hauling Methods
Aicrane provides two main boat hauling methods. Each of them needs different accessories to lift the boat our of the water and each has their own features.
Using Airbag to Haul the Boat
Using airbag to haul the boat represents an innovative approach to boat hauling. The airbag, with its flexible and cushioning properties, allows the boat to pitch and roll freely during the landing process, ensuring the vessel’s structure remains undamaged. This method combines the functions of both slipway and rail trolley, resulting in straightforward equipment, lower construction costs, and convenient maintenance. It is adaptable to various types of vessels for shore landings.
Parameters to Consider for Using Airbag to Haul the Boat:
- 1. What is the maximum weight of the ships to be pulled?
- 2. What is the slope of the ground? Some clients express this in degrees (°), while international clients often prefer ratios (e.g., 1:20) or percentages (e.g., 5%) to indicate the slope.
- 3. What is the required speed for pulling the boat? (Typically around 2m/min in the industry)
- 4. What is the distance the boat needs to be moved?
Airbag shore landing offers a modern and efficient alternative to traditional methods, ensuring a safe and damage-free boat hauling process. With the right parameters in place, this method provides a versatile and cost-effective solution for various vessel types.
Using Rail Trolley to Haul the Boat
Using rail trolley to haul the boat solution is particularly advantageous for smaller vessels or shipyards with existing infrastructure for rail-mounted vehicles. It offers a cost-effective and efficient method for safely bringing smaller ships ashore for maintenance, repairs, or storage. This approach is especially well-suited for shipyards that already have the necessary rail systems in place, optimizing resource utilization and streamlining the hauling process.
Parameters to Consider for Using Rail Trolley to Haul the Boat:
- 1. What is the maximum weight of the ships to be pulled and the weight of the rail trolley?
- 2. What is the slope of the slipway track? Some clients express this in degrees (°), while international clients often prefer ratios (e.g., 1:20) or percentages (e.g., 5%) to indicate the slope.
- 3. What is the required travel speed for the rail trolley along the track? (Typically around 2m/min in the industry)
- 4. What is the length of the slipway? (i.e., how far does the trolley need to travel along the track?)
Types of Slipway Winch Based on Drum Configuration
Slipway winch is designed to efficiently haul boats and vessels in and out of the water for maintenance, repairs, or storage. It comes in two primary configurations, each tailored to specific operational needs:
Single-drum Slipway Winch
The single drum winch features a single spool or drum around which the cable or rope is wound. It is prized for its simplicity and effectiveness in straightforward hauling tasks. In most cases, a single-drum winch is well-suited for smaller tonnage vessels, characterized by its relatively limited cable capacity and consequently, a shorter operational range. This makes it an ideal choice for tasks that involve compact operations with smaller ships. The design is optimized to efficiently handle loads within a constrained radius.
Key Features and Considerations:
- Rope Discharge Orientation: Single drum winches can be configured for either upper or lower rope discharge, with the latter being the prevalent choice for slipway winches.
- Layer and Angle Sensitivity: These winches exhibit sensitivity to factors like the number of wire rope layers, with additional considerations when exceeding seven layers, and the wire rope angle, especially if it surpasses 3 degrees, necessitating the use of a rope organizer.
- Fixed Pulley Position: Typically, the fixed pulley’s placement concerning the winch is set at a distance equivalent to ten times the length of the drum.
- Layer-Specific Performance: Each layer of the single drum winch operates differently, with the first layer exerting the highest pulling force but moving at the slowest speed, and the outermost layer producing the least force but boasting the fastest speed.
- Multi-Layered Configuration: In the case of multi-layered winding on the drum, the standard specifications on drawings usually pertain to the middle layers. However, it’s noteworthy that the outermost layer can also achieve the rated pulling force, even under normal circumstances.
Single drum winch is engineered to handle a wide range of scenarios, delivering tailored performance to meet specific operational needs. Its ability to adapt to diverse tasks and maintain functionality across varying conditions makes it indispensable in industries requiring precise lifting and pulling solutions.
The double drum winch is equipped with two separate drums, each capable of winding and unwinding cables independently. The double drum winch can also be called as friction slipway winch, because it has a friction drum group. The friction slipway winch presents distinct advantages, particularly in its applicability to larger tonnage vessels. It stands out due to its utilization of both friction and storage drums, resulting in a greater cable capacity.
Unlike single-drum winches, the friction slipway winch maintains a constant speed and pulling force, making it highly reliable for heavy-duty operations. This feature is particularly beneficial when dealing with substantial loads and ensures consistent performance throughout.
Shipyards and slipways with diverse operational requirements find double-drum winch. The ability to employ different types or sizes of cables for distinct tasks enhances its utility.
In the selection process, factors such as slipway size, types of vessels to be handled, and the variety of tasks the winch will perform are critical considerations. By choosing the appropriate winch type and maintaining it meticulously, slipway operators ensure seamless, efficient, and safe maritime operations.
Components of a Friction Slipway Winch
In Aicrane, the main type of slipway winch for sale is friction drum winch. It has several main components which can help you better understand its usage. Please go on reading to learn more about each main component.
Friction Drum Group
The drive mechanism for our slipway winches can be powered by either an electric motor or a hydraulic motor, providing versatile options to suit specific operational needs. It is complemented by a robust gearbox and gear disk system, ensuring seamless power transmission.Additionally, a reliable brake mechanism is integrated for enhanced safety during operations. It’s important to note that the friction drum group necessitates a dedicated power mechanism for optimal performance.The friction drum group should also have rope grooves. These grooves serve to increase the friction between the steel wire rope and the drum. Typically, there are 6 to 10 grooves.
Rope Storage Drum
The rope storage drum is solely for storing the steel wire rope, it does not provide pulling force. The rope storage drum is controlled by a variable frequency motor for better synchronization with the friction drum. As the storage drum is not far from the friction drum, it is usually equipped with a rope arrangement mechanism.
The rope storage drum operates via sprockets and chains, driven by the friction drum. Due to potential synchronization issues with the friction drum, the friction plate of the rope storage drum has a relatively shorter lifespan.
Rope Pressing Device
The rope pressing device prevents the steel wire rope from loosening and coming off when not in operation. The rope pressing wheel is generally synchronized with the drum group through sprockets and chains. The rope pressing device is mechanical in nature.
- Active Pulley Group: This component plays a pivotal role in the winching process. It dynamically adjusts to the movement of the boat, ensuring a secure and controlled pull onto the slipway.
- Fixed Pulley Group: The fixed pulley group serves as a stabilizing anchor during the winching process. It helps maintain tension and alignment, contributing to the overall efficiency and safety of the operation.
- Guide Wheel: The guide wheel facilitates the smooth movement of the cable, ensuring it stays on track and preventing any potential snags or misalignment.
- Cable: This vital component acts as the connecting link between the hull of the boat and the active pulley. It’s designed to withstand heavy loads and provide a reliable means of pulling the boat onto the slipway.
- Electrical Control Cabinet and Resistor: The electrical control cabinet houses the control system for the winch, allowing for precise operation. The resistor aids in regulating electrical flow, ensuring smooth and controlled winching.
- Generator Set: This is a power source for the winch. It provides the necessary electrical or hydraulic energy to drive the winching mechanism.
These components work in synergy to facilitate the safe and efficient process of pulling boats onto the slipway. Each plays a crucial role in ensuring the operation runs smoothly and securely.
Why choose us as your slipway winch supplier
There are a few compelling reasons why Aicrane stands out as the ideal slipway winch supplier:
- Unmatched Expertise and Experience: With years of experience in the industry, Aicrane has honed its expertise in crafting highly efficient and reliable slipway winches. Our team comprises seasoned professionals who bring a wealth of knowledge to every project.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Aicrane is committed to staying at the forefront of technological advancements. Our slipway winches are equipped with advanced features, ensuring seamless operation and superior performance.
- Customized Solutions: Aicrane has various models of slipway winch for sale. We understand that each project comes with unique challenges and requirements. That’s why Aicrane offers tailor-made solutions to cater specifically to your needs. Our engineers work closely with you to design a slipway winch that perfectly aligns with your operations.
- Quality Assurance: Quality is the cornerstone of everything we do. Aicrane adheres to rigorous quality control standards at every stage of production. This guarantees that every slipway winch leaving our facility is of the highest caliber.
- Comprehensive Support: Our commitment to your success doesn’t end with the sale. Aicrane provides comprehensive support, including installation guidance, operational training, and ongoing maintenance assistance. We’re here for you every step of the way.
- Cost-Efficiency: We understand the importance of cost-effectiveness in any project. Aicrane offers competitive pricing without compromising on quality. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value for your investment.
- Global Reach: Aicrane’s reach extends far and wide. We have successfully supplied lifting solutions to clients across the globe. Our logistics network ensures timely and efficient delivery to your location, no matter where you are.
Choosing Aicrane as your slipway winch supplier means partnering with a company that is dedicated to elevating your operations. We take pride in our ability to deliver reliable, high-performance equipment that empowers you to achieve your goals.